I’ve waited two months to get these house numbers. And I have to say, I’m disappointed in the end result. Not because of the product, but because of my installation. I took so much care and preparation and still, it didn’t work out.
When I first got the numbers, I installed their posts and used a piece of cardboard to make a drilling hole template. I pushed the numbers’ posts through the cardboard to identify the hole placement.
I even used a straight edge to ensure they were lined up.
After a few adjustments, I had a template ready to go. I taped it to the wall and drilled small pilot holes. I did that because the masonry bit I had to use has no precision at all and I didn’t want the bit to slide and begin boring a hole off of my exact placement.
And despite my best efforts to accomplish that, that is exactly what happened. And once you have multiple holes in the wall, there’s no adjustment you can make. I actually didn’t see the end result until I had put in the last number. And this is the end result:
If that last 2’s lower post was only slightly more to the right, it would be perfect. I’ll have to see if I can come up with a way to offset that post somehow.
In fact, now comparing the end result to the pictures of my template, there was a lot of variance in the placement of the first 2 as well. I suppose maybe it will come down to pulling them all out, patching the holes, repainting the area, then repositioning them elsewhere. To my credit, these numbers are only held in place with plastic anchors and no silicone sealant. They are more than secure this way.
Not my finest work.